Tim Ryan is not yet a POTUS1 candidate. Scroll down for his detailed policy positions.
Let us know
A+: comprehensive democracy plan with impressive public financing plan, promise to fix democracy first
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
- Representation for D.C. and Puerto Rico
- Lower the voting age to 16
- Automatic voter registration
- Make Election Day a holiday
Tim Ryan has not pledged to fix democracy first. Democracy reform is essentially absent from Ryan’s campaign.
Here are some policies he could adopt to improve his platform:
- Public financing of elections
- Repeal discriminatory voter ID laws and other voter suppression policies
- End gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
- Same-day voter registration
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
- Eliminate the Electoral College
- Ranked-choice voting
If you want to see Tim Ryan embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for his staffers contact information.
In His Own Words
Contact the Candidate’s Staffers
Sometimes the best way to reach the candidate is to work with the candidate’s staff, who serve as eyes and ears on the ground.