Amy Klobuchar is not yet a POTUS1 candidate. Scroll down for her detailed policy positions.
Let us know
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
- Representation for D.C. and Puerto Rico
- Automatic voter registration
- Same-day voter registration
- Make Election Day a holiday
- Increase election security
- Overturn Citizens United
- Public financing of campaigns by creating a small donor-focused matching system
Klobuchar has not pledged to fix democracy first. Senator Klobuchar supports a few important reforms, but her democracy platform is relatively weak overall. Click here to see her full democracy reform platform.
Here are some policies she could adopt to improve it:
- End gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
- Repeal discriminatory voter ID laws and other voter suppression policies
- Ranked-choice voting
- Abolish the Electoral College
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
If you want to see Amy Klobuchar embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for her staffers contact information.
In Her Own Words
Contact the Candidate’s Staffers
Sometimes the best way to reach the candidate is to work with the candidate’s staff, who serve as eyes and ears on the ground.