Bill Weld is a POTUS1 candidate! Scroll down for his detailed policy positions.
Let us know
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
Everyone’s Vote Should Count (Equally)
- Independent redistricting commissions
- Allocated Electoral College votes proportionally
- Ranked choice voting
- Federal regulations on voter purging
- Restoring the Voting Rights Act
- End felon disenfranchisement post-sentence (possibly allowing certain felons to vote while incarcerated)
Money in Politics
- Public financing vouchers
- Overturning Citizens United
- Increase disclosure
Weld has pledged to fix democracy first!
The former Massachusetts governor participated in our Democracy Town Hall (watch here), at which he provided public statements on all the policies included on this webpage. Weld supports critical democracy reform measures that address the major problems in American democracy. He also took a strong stands against voter suppression and false claims of “voter fraud”. We would urge him to put these commitments on his campaign website.
Here are some policies that he could adopt to begin building his platform:
- Automatic voter registration
- Same-day voter registration
- Repeal discriminatory voter ID laws and other voter suppression policies
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
If you want to see Bill Weld embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for his staffers contact information.
In His Own Words
“We cannot sit passively as our precious democracy slips quietly into darkness.”
“I love Ranked Choice Voting.”
Contact the Candidate’s Staffers
Sometimes the best way to reach the candidate is to work with the candidate’s staff, who serve as eyes and ears on the ground.