Elizabeth Warren is a POTUS1 candidate! Scroll down for her detailed policy positions.
Did this candidate or her staff already get back to you?
Let us know
A+: comprehensive democracy plan with impressive public financing plan, promise to fix democracy first
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
Everyone’s Vote Should Count (Equally)
- Representation for D.C. and Puerto Rico
- Eliminate the Electoral College
- End gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
- Abolish all voter suppression policies (ex. Voter ID and unnecessary voter purging)
- Automatic voter registration
- Same-day voter registration
- Federal voter purge guidelines
- A new Voting Rights Act
- Make Election Day a holiday
- Constitutional amendment to protect voting rights
- Expand early voting and voting by mail
- Incentives to ensure state-level voter empowerment
- A constitutional amendment to guarantee the right to vote
- Federal standards for federal elections
Money in Politics
- 6-to-1 matching public financing of elections system
- Overturn Citizens United and Buckley
- Lower Contribution Limits to Individuals and Political Parties
- Prevent federal candidates taking corporate PAC money.
- Ban Foreign Corporate Influence in American Elections.
- Strengthen coordination rules for Super PACs
- Ban Lobbyists from Donating, Bundling, and Fundraising for Candidates
- Enact strict contribution limits and disclosure requirements for inaugural committees
- Update campaign finance laws to address online political advertising
- Establish Public Financing for National Party Conventions
- Restructure the Federal Election Commission
- Require all lobbyists to register
- Ban foreign government from hiring Washington lobbyists
- Shut down the ability of lobbyists to move freely in and out of government jobs
- Ban members of Congress from trading stocks and becoming lobbyists for life
- Force every candidate for political office to put their tax returns online
- Federal standards for voting machines
Warren has pledged to fix democracy first!
Warren has one of the best, most detailed democracy reform platforms. She supports strong, federal oversight of our elections and intends to work to make every vote count. She supports a small-donor matching system of public financing of elections, as well.
Here are some policies she could adopt to improve her platform:
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
- Ranked-choice voting
If you want to see Elizabeth Warren embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for her staffers contact information.
In Her Own Words
“I believe we need a constitutional amendment that protects the right to vote for every American citizen and makes sure that vote gets counted… We need to put some federal muscle behind that, and we need to repeal every one of the voter suppression laws that is out there.”Source →
“It has been far too long that the monopolies have been making the campaign contributions, have been funding the super-PACs, have been out there making sure their influence is heard and felt in every single decision that gets made in Washington.”
Contact the Candidate’s Staffers
Sometimes the best way to reach the candidate is to work with the candidate’s staff, who serve as eyes and ears on the ground.