Julián Castro is not yet a POTUS1 candidate. Scroll down for his detailed policy positions.
Let us know
A+: comprehensive democracy plan with impressive public financing plan, promise to fix democracy first
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
- Representation for D.C. and Puerto Rico
- Eliminate the Electoral College
- End gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
- Automatic voter registration
- Same-day voter registration
- Make Election Day a holiday
- Overturn Citizens United
Castro has not pledged to fix democracy first.
He is one of the few candidates to put forward an effective plan to combat gerrymandering with his proposal for independent redistricting commissions.
Here are some policies he could adopt to improve his platform:
- Public financing of elections
- Ranked-choice voting
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
- End voter ID and other voter suppression policies
If you want to see Julian Castro embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for his staffers contact information.
In His Own Words
Contact the Candidate’s Staffers
Sometimes the best way to reach the candidate is to work with the candidate’s staff, who serve as eyes and ears on the ground.