Kirsten Gillibrand is a POTUS1 candidate. Scroll down for her detailed policy positions.
Let us know
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
Everyone’s Vote Should Count (Equally)
- End voter roll purging
- Give representation to D.C. and Puerto Rico
- Eliminate the Electoral College
- Ranked-choice voting
- Same-day voter registration
- Require paper ballots
- Automatic voter registration
- Expand online registration
- Expand early voting
- Make Election Day a holiday
- Public financing voucher system ($600 in vouchers)
- Overturn Citizens United
Gillibrand has pledged to fix democracy first!
She has an extremely ambitious democracy platform, including requiring paper ballots, expanding early voting, and ending voter roll purging. She has published an impressive public financing plan that would give each potential voter $600 in vouchers to give to federal election candidates of their choice. Click here to see her full democracy reform platform.
Here are some policies she could adopt to improve her platform:
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
- Repeal discriminatory voter ID laws and other voter suppression policies
- End gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
If you want to see Kirsten Gillibrand embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for her staffers’ contact information.
In Her Own Words
Contact the Candidate’s Staffers
Sometimes the best way to reach the candidate is to work with the candidate’s staff, who serve as eyes and ears on the ground.