Marianne Williamson is a POTUS1 candidate. Scroll down for her detailed policy positions.
Did this candidate or her staff already get back to you?
Let us know
A+: comprehensive democracy plan with impressive public financing plan, promise to fix democracy first
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
- Eliminate the Electoral College
- Statehood for D.C. and Puerto Rico
- Elimination of voter ID and other voter suppression policies
- Lower the voting age to 16
- Make Election Day a national holiday
- Increase election security
- A Constitutional Amendment to establish public financing of federal campaigns
- Overturn Citizens United
Williamson has pledged to fix democracy first.
Although her proposal remains unclear, Williamson has repeatedly endorsed public financing of federal campaigns, a critical reform. Her platform lacks some key democracy reforms, but is quite impressive overall.
Click here to see her full democracy reform platform.
Here are some policies she could adopt to improve her platform:
- Same-day voter registration
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
- Ranked-choice voting
- End gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
If you want to see Marianne Williamson embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for her staffers contact information.