Mike Gravel is not yet a POTUS1 candidate. Scroll down for his detailed policy positions.
Let us know
A+: comprehensive democracy plan with impressive public financing plan, promise to fix democracy first
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
Everyone’s Vote Should Count (Equally)
- Expand the House and reconfigure the Senate to ensure everyone’s vote has equal power
- Eliminate the Electoral College
- Ranked choice voting
- Self-determination/statehood for D.C., Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Automatic voter registration
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
- Put federal elections under congressional oversight to end voter suppression policies
- Make election day a holiday
Money in Politics
- Public financing of elections with small-dollar matching
- Overturn Citizens United
Gravel has not pledged to fix democracy first.
He has an incredibly impressive democracy platform with bold policies to restructure Congress to make it more democratic and finally give electoral power to the people of all American territories.
Click here to see his full democracy reform platform.
Here are some policies he could adopt to improve his platform:
- Same-day voter registration
- End gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
If you want to see Mike Gravel embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for his staffers contact information.
Contact the Candidate’s Staffers
Sometimes the best way to reach the candidate is to work with the candidate’s staff, who serve as eyes and ears on the ground.
Did this candidate get back to you?
Please describe the response below