Steve Bullock is a POTUS1 candidate. Scroll down for his detailed policy positions.
Did this candidate or his staff already get back to you?
Let us know
A+: comprehensive democracy plan with impressive public financing plan, promise to fix democracy first
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
Everyone’s Vote Should Count (Equally)
- Statehood for D.C.
- End gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
- Same day registration
- “Incentivize” automatic voter registration
- Early voting
- Limits on voter purges
- Election Day holiday
- Improve language access
- End felon disenfranchisement for those who have served their sentence
- Expand number of polling places
- Expand voting rights to 17 year old Americans for primaries who will be 18 by the general election.
- Update the Voting RIghts Act
- Ensure that a tribal ID issued by the Bureau of Indian Affairs is accepted by states as an eligible form of documentation for registration or voting
Money in Politics
- Require public companies, large private companies and all government contractors to disclose all political contributions
- Overturn Citizens United
- Increase disclosure
- Reforming the Federal Election Commission
Bullock has pledged to fix democracy first!
His democracy reform proposals are strong and comprehensive, though he does not support public financing of elections—a glaring omission.
Click here to see his democracy reform platform.
Here are some policies he could adopt to improve his platform:
- Make clear that a national law would mandate automatic voter registration
- Public financing of elections
- Repeal discriminatory voter ID laws and other voter suppression policies
- Representation for Puerto Rico
- Eliminate the Electoral College
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
- Ranked-choice voting
If you want to see Steve Bullock embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for his staffers’ contact information.
In His Own Words
“If we don’t address the corrosive influence of money in politics, which has really been the fight of my entire career, we’re not going to address all the other big issues that we need to.”
Contact the Candidate’s Staffers
Sometimes the best way to reach the candidate is to work with the candidate’s staff, who serve as eyes and ears on the ground.
Did this candidate get back to you?
Please describe the response below