Jay Inslee is not yet a POTUS1 candidate. Scroll down for his detailed policy positions.
Let us know
A+: comprehensive democracy plan with impressive public financing plan, promise to fix democracy first
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
- Statehood for D.C. and Puerto Rico
- Eliminate the Electoral College
- Make Election Day a holiday
- Automatic voter registration
Jay Inslee has not pledged to fix democracy first. Democracy reform is almost entirely absent from his campaign.
Here are some policies Inslee could adopt to improve his platform:
- Public financing of elections
- Repeal discriminatory voter ID laws and other voter suppression policies
- End gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
- Same-day voter registration
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
- Ranked-choice voting
- Overturn Citizens United
If you want to see Jay Inslee embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for his staffers contact information.
Contact the Candidate’s Staffers
Sometimes the best way to reach the candidate is to work with the candidate’s staff, who serve as eyes and ears on the ground.