John Delaney is not yet a POTUS1 candidate. Scroll down for his detailed policy positions.
Let us know
A+: comprehensive democracy plan with impressive public financing plan, promise to fix democracy first
A: comprehensive democracy plan with a strong policy in each category
B: notable proposals but overall plan lacks depth regarding scope and/or implementation
C: few democracy reform proposals, campaign makes infrequent mentions of reform
D: no meaningful democracy plan
F: active opponent of democracy
Candidate Policy Positions
- Statehood for D.C. and Puerto Rico
- End gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
- Same-day voter registration
- Make Election Day a holiday
- Automatic voter registration
- Overturn Citizens United
Delaney has not pledged to fix democracy first.
He is one of the few candidates to put forward an effective plan to combat gerrymandering with his proposal for independent redistricting commissions.
Click here to see his full democracy reform platform.
Here are some policies he could adopt to improve his platform:
- Public financing of elections
- Repeal discriminatory voter ID laws and other voter suppression policies
- A full end to felon disenfranchisement
- Eliminate the Electoral College
- Ranked-choice voting
If you want to see John Delaney embrace these policies, check the bottom of the page for his staffers contact information.